ECP (formerly known as the morning after pill) needs to be taken within 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse.
ECP is FREE for any woman in the Marlborough/Nelson region, who is eligible to access publicly funded health care in New Zealand. It's available at: Family Planning most chemists/pharmacies, or from your doctor. If after 72 hours, visit your Family Planning clinic.
Pregnancy Options Counselling
- This free counselling service for unplanned pregnancy is offered via the NMDHB
- Referrals can be made via Family Planning Clinics, GP surgeries, midwives or by self referral
- The contact person is a registered hospital social worker
- Contact: Wairau Hospital 03 520 6558
- If you are pregnant, it’s important that you see a midwife or GP soon after you discover you are pregnant, ideally before you are 12 weeks pregnant
- You can visit your GP or a midwife free of charge (NZ citizens or permanent residency), or those who have a work permit and are able to stay for two years